CENTER FOR SUSTAINABLE AND ORGANIC FOOD SYSTEMS (CSOFS)
- Our mission is to facilitate multi-disciplinary faculty teams engaged in research, Extension, and teaching relevant to the development of local and regional sustainable and organic food systems.
- We provide a systems perspective to pressing needs in the contemporary food and agricultural system.
- We produce Extension and other educational materials that foster critical thinking and innovation in the development of food systems
- We distribute scientific information developed by the University of Florida, other land grant institutions, the United States Department of Agriculture, and other public and private institutions.
- Our affiliate faculty bridge the biological and social/economic sciences.
- We seek to collaborate with other public agencies and private sector organizations and individuals.