Enhancing the Sustainability of US Cropping Systems through Cover Crops and an Innovative Information and Technology Network (PSA)
- Transform cover crop data connectivity via nationwide social and technical infrastructure.
- Develop key technologies to improve cover crop performance, inform management, and determine impacts on agronomic productivity, stability, and ecosystem services.
- Develop key technologies with cover crops to assess abiotic and biotic factors affecting crop performance.
- Transform education and extension knowledge delivery to catalyze cover crop adoption.
- Determine the effectiveness of a cover crop information ecology as a model for integrating participatory research and practice.
This research is part of a regional collaborative project supported by the USDA-NIFA, Award No. 2019-68012-29818, “Precision Sustainable Ag Coordinated Agricultural Project” (PSA-CAP): ”Enhancing the Sustainability of US Cropping Systems through Cover Crops and an Innovative Information and Technology Network.”